Assistant Product Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for working together with the Product Manager on all aspects of product line day-to-day management, include product concept build-up, development, analysis, cross-team support, technical documentation development, and resource management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Closely collaborate, work with cross-department teams to drive and develop new products that meet company objectives together with the Product Managers;
- Develop product requirement documents for potential new products;
- Develop and maintain internal technical documentation including release notes, quick starting guide, user manual, test plan, etc.;
- Support the development of marketing materials including, brochures, website content, training programs, samples, competitive comparisons, product news, and updates;
- Provide product sales and technical training internally to different departments.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/ Telecomm communication-related field or equivalent. Master Degree preferred;
- 2 to 4 years of telecommunication industry related experience or equivalent;
- Familiar with product developing, validation, debugging environment;
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Commitment to excellence and high standards;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good background knowledge of Linux, Android operating system, GSM/WCDMA/LTE telecom systems.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.